Many people around the world today have a question – how much are dental implants? The reason that the question of how much do dental implants cost is so common is because this is a wonderful procedure that can offer extreme results for people with broken, missing or gapped teeth. If you think that you may be interested in having the procedure done, you are going to need to learn about how much do dental implants cost but first it is important that you learn more about the dental implant surgery in general and what to expect.
How Much Is Dental Implant Surgery?
Dental implant surgery is recognized as one of the most popular dental procedures in the world today. It involves the use of dental implants, which are not the same thing as artificial replacement teeth. They are actually the threaded metal cylinders that serve as the roots of missing teeth. It really is interesting to note how far dental technology has come.
There are a few requirements that you will need to have to be considered as an eligible candidate for the procedure, including: have one or more missing teeth, have a jawbone that has reached its full growth, have adequate bone to secure the implants, have healthy oral tissues, do not have health conditions that will impair bone healing, and if you want to improve your speech.
Your financial situation will definitely be a factor in determining whether or not you are going to be able to have the surgery. But keep in mind that there are a few variations in terms of cost and financing options are also often available.
How much do Dental Implants Cost?
It is important when it comes to learning about how much do dental implants cost that you understand that there are a few different things included in the full cost of dental implant surgery. The price will also vary depending on whether there will be additional costs, for instance if synthetic bone material is required during the surgery or if multiple implants need to be made.
Low Cost Dental Implants
Keep in mind as well that there is always the option of low cost dental implants. These are not going to be as high quality as the basic dental implants but will still offer you a cosmetic dentist fix, so if you are strapped for cash you can speak to your dentist and let them know that you would like to go with the low cost dental implant option.
There are a lot of benefits in having dental implants.
– First of all dental implants are long term devices. Although it is not generally known whether or not it lasts a lifetime, dental implants in patients have lasted for years.
– Implants improve the way you eat. People who are just wearing dentures have problems with certain foods especially the harder ones like some fruits or vegetables. Chewing is also a problem with dentures which affects the proper digestion of food. These problems are all but eliminated with the use of dental implants.
– You can taste better with implants compared to dentures. When wearing dentures, especially in the upper teeth, almost the whole roof of the mouth is covered by the denture. This isn’t the case with dental implants so you can taste you food better.
– Dental implants can improve your overall state of mind. When you don’t have to worry about your dentures popping out or if they look natural then you certainly would have a higher self esteem. Looking good and feeling good about your appearance will definitely lighten your mood and make you feel more confident.
Now if you want to know how much dental implants cost, it is important to know that it is a surgical procedure so it is not really cheap. Typically, dental implants cost about $1,500 to $3,000 each. Please remember though that this price range can vary depending on a lot of factors surrounding your particular case.
Here are some factors that affect the cost of dental implants.
– Expertise or reputation of the dentist
– Materials used for your implant
– The size of the implants. Mini implants are smaller and uses less material so generally they are cheaper than the standard ones
– The cost will be higher if you need additional procedures such as bone grafting
– Location of the implant. Some parts of the jaw are harder to get to so the more work it would take for the dentist to attach the implant, the higher would cost you.
For many people, how much dental implants cost is far outweighed by the immense satisfaction they got from this procedure.